While SEO is commonly required for all companies, it differs in what degree of importance to be given to every aspect of SEO based on what type of company you own, may be a franchise or a B2B or B2C or an ecommerce business. Most users, who search for a product, may not do it using the right or exact matching search time. So how should the SEO be for your Estore/ecommerce store? What is the checklist you keep an eye upon when doing SEO for ecommerce store? You may take care of responsive web design, On-page SEO, Off-page SEO, but what’s more to it?
- Load time: Slow web load times are extremely exasperating to anyone. For Google, all that matters is the user satisfaction, hence where it does find a creeping slow website, it pushes it to nowhere thereby affecting the ranks. So ensure to have no useless plugins, lesser http requests, external css where possible
- Engage the user: An interactive web design that communicates with the user, seeks user opinion on various aspects, shares the needed information, gives the easiest forum for user sign up is the one that’s well received. Make sure your online store engages the user!
- Go Mobile: With more users doing their browsing activities & shopping in mobiles/smart phones, it’s absolutely necessary you optimise the site for usage in smart devices. Mobile responsive ads, mobile responsive sites and SEO for mobile sites are absolutely inevitable; make sure you’ve accounted these.
- Make media connect, especially Pinterest, to connect better with users:While Facebook posts, Google+ notes, Tweets, LinkedIn texts may be great for improving conversions, for ecommerce it is Pinterest! Pinterest is known to provide multiple 100s of more revenue per clicks and much of this comes from mobile users. Are you making a note?
- Tackle titles and tags: Keyword inclusion in web tags has a great value add in ranking and indexing. But don’t fake with irrelevant keyword additions!
- Optimise the homepage: Grab the user attention by having most products connected to the homepage by just 2-3 clicks and having the attractive deals/offers on the homepage.
- Simple navigation: Make sure you don’t confuse the user with menus not well structured. A user should be able to come back to home page in less than 2-3 clicks from any page of the site and move to any other page in a few clicks again!
- Blogs talk better: Each user is intelligent enough to browse through various sources of assurance before he goes for a product and these days, shares, posts and blogs talk more than what you do. Do you have a blog space for your site? Have you put the link up on the site?
- Other customers’ say matters more: Yes, what people who have bought the items say about the site matters more to the new users than what you say about the site. Make sure you project the good reviews and you answer to the bad ones as quick as possible.
- Let them compare: Make a ‘compare’ option available to users so the users can make a study before they are sure on you. Also the compare link encompasses various internal links thus improving the site SEO.
- Make visual connect: Showing media files like video clips, product review talks or so on the SERPs eases the user job of not having to click through your site before they know you. This instils a trust in users that you care to show what they want much before they click on your site.
- Manage the content regularly: Anything new gets outdated with usage and growth of time. Unless you have the web content maintained and refreshed with help of the best content management systems like magento, bigcommerce or so, please don’t expect the users to stay retained with you; every day a new website with better content might pop up or Google may change its algorithm for a different thing you don’t have yet, keep in mind!
- Image search, html sitemap, readable urls, product descriptions: Having alt tags in images for recognition by search bots, having xml html sitemap for automatic product updates, having site urls with meaningful keywords, smart product descriptions in a user friendly yet trendy sophisticated language containing all the needed information, are all some basics you just can’t afford to ignore!
Well..Now that you are refreshed with the SEO tactics you simply can’t miss to incorporate in your ecommerce store, are you looking for a pro support in doing SEO for you? Ask us now for we assure you the best of SEO services!