On page SEO refers to all that you can do on the website to make it rank high, say working on meta tags, page titles, descriptions fall here. Off page SEO refers to the actions done off the website, as in, media connect/sharing on media, marketing via blogs, opening up forums or so. What is the criteria that your estore is meant to abide by, on eCommerce store SEO, so that Google recognises the web page as one with quality information? Lets take a detailed study on it.
- Google has its set of guidelines for the web content relevance, page layout, content compatibility with the device and the overall website quality on information provided. Panda algorithm even penalises for sick quality web pages. Make sure you are well versed with these aspects in web design!
- Content retrieved following a specific word search should match the search keywords used; call this content relevance. Make sure you have a list of bullet points or sub information or hints of the main subject when creating a page content.
- Static pages should hold details that are facts and never going to change anytime. This is meant to suffice the user needs and not of the search engine; this gets you the traffic you expect. Above this, note that they are hundred other websites giving you details on the subject so how you stand apart is a research in your plate!
- Duplicated content is a strict No-No, be it within a single domain or on multiple ones. When search bots find such duplicate content, google algorithm comes into picture where it is sure to push you to bottom rankings on finding you manipulative to their algorithm.
- Presentation is very important as it is directly connected to the user experience. The more you study on various layouts the more you get sure which suits the best to present your web information at the best for the intended readers.
- It’s been known from the experience of browsing through a lot of sites till now that top part of the page for most of them is blank or has irrelevant ads; this is amateur and to be managed better to show relevant detail on the page.
- Content in bullet points are known to attract users as they find it easier to scan through rather than having to read loads of paragraph junk!
- Optimisation of content for mobiles and smart phones is very important, simply because you well know the domination of smart devices today in online store shopping/ECommerce store shopping/ estore shopping. Don’t give way to poor user experience and consequential traffic loss on the site.
- Content should be presented in a way it can be shared easily say on twitter or facebook or so. Using info graphics you may be able to present the information in a neatly packed visually appealing manner, say including a chart or a graph or a map or what suits the content
- Showing details in form of videos is one of the best marketing strategies in winning the attention of users and their retention on the site.
- Including white paper links on sites lets you share detailed information without interrupting the users regular browsing; he may download the guide if he wants to have a depth knowledge on analyses and data about your site or he may just go with what’s on the page, while making his purchase decision
- Keywords are the building blocks of SEO tactics. Right keywords alone form a great webpage for the targeted audience. Branded keywords showing your brand name, geo targeted ones for specific region customers, market defining ones to show your industry or market, user centric ones to describe specific audience uses, direct word for the product or service sold are some of the common keyword types.
- Including internal linking to accommodate various sub category pages on the site and external linking to relate to other domains are great in giving all possible information to the readers in a clean manner. Internal linking gets you more navigational paths within your site so the users stays for more time on the site. External linking to trusted web sources gives user much more details than what he gets from just the page in your site. But then be careful not to link junk sites or domains.
We believe here you have got sufficient information on on-page SEO and its impact on website traffic. The guidelines provided are purely a reference and it’s definitely a web designer ability to use them to the best of his needs or user expectations. If you require any guidance here or in ECommerce store facelift services, ask us now.