Knowing what search engine optimisation isn’t just enough but how to perform the best SEO in web development that makes the ecommerce site to rank high in the SERPs incorporating the powerful keywords comfortably standing above the competitors for sales and business growth is important. Having responsive websites/ responsive web designs is considered better than having a separate mobile site, from an SEO perspective.
How important it is to make a stable ecommerce website with all the features, as in utilizing the software Volusion, magento, bigcommerce for an ecommerce platform, so is to study the mobile traffic periodically using google analytics, having a user friendly eStore, doing the SEO and taking care to facelift/to redesign eStore when conversions are seen lower than expected.
Bifurcating SEO into major partitions, it sits into 2 categories, on-page optimization and off-page optimization. Further categorizing them leads to Keyword research and content quality & accessibility falling under the on-page kind while social media connect and references & shares come under the off-page kind. If the on-page components are lacking somewhere then just implementing the off-page aspects isn’t going to fetch any results. While a lot of businesses seemingly use a good number of SEO tactics, sadly they seem to miss out on on-page optimization without realizing its importance; this results in all the efforts spent on link prospects and referencing the site on the social media going in vain & not producing the desired output.
To talk on the on-page optimization, there are a few main bullets to be absorbed,
- Web accessibility: Users being able to interpret and navigate comfortably through all the pages of the site is not only a necessity in UX perspective but also in the Google view where ranks such highly accessible search engine friendly websites higher. Technical directions to be taken care are redirections, having no dead pages, canonicalization, having the right response codes on pages, right titles, meta’s, descriptions, urls and more. Google webmaster central, search enabler and a few other tools help you here.
- Xml sitemaps: Xml sitemap generator helps you create xml sitemaps that help the search engines interpret the website and index it in the SERPs. Google website tool should be updated post the sitemap inclusion for sooner indexing.
- Robots.txt: Robots.txt helps one stop Google bot from accessing certain areas of your website.
- Keyword research: Higher search volume, lower competition, powerful, unique, content relation and connect with the business motive are certain aspects to be considered while building the keywords. Google adward tool and a few others help you out here.
- Creating a great content: Good content and good seo go hand in hand. Keyword build should be followed by creating the content that absorbs the keywords engaging the readers completely thus improving the website’s overall seo.
Taking care of keywords, content, accessibility and then the promotions and marketing via social media connect isn’t any complex but just that you need the right expertise to make it happen. If you are looking out for one of such excellent ecommerce service providers, just ask us.