Half of the billion pages that make up the web belong to ecommerce says a writer in one of the most famous business magazines. But shockingly, less than 5% of the ecommerce store websites generate more than a thousand dollars in sales & more than 50% of the businesses invest less than 10% of their marketing budget in optimising conversions resulting in most businesses seeing a pathetic 1% conversion rate. Here are some conversion improvements methods, as in, speeding up the load time, on page SEO, site responsiveness, testing methods, excellent contact us pages and CTA buttons, great navigation, optimised search, social connect, personalising website pages, show off the security mark, structured returns refunds and deal display and a few more, there are a few really quick ways among these above to cause an appreciable improvement to your online store/estore. Let’s take a look on them.
- Don’t lengthen the load time! Getting down the load time to less than 2 seconds adds more than 2500000 visitors daily contributing to millions of clicks yearly.
- Who doesn’t like to be addressed on a priority & immediately? This is the same case with every user who visits your site. Give them the opportunity to chat with you on live for the trivial issues they may have or those that can be solved quickly. This attracts more than 3/4th of your customers and retains ½ of them with you.
- Show people that you’re absolutely safe and they’re brilliantly secure when with you. Be smart to choose the smartest security seal, say Norton! This is known to cause more than 10% increase in conversions.
- Visual effects reach beyond one can imagine. Videos and visual presentations cause an improvement in conversion by more than 75%.
- Believe in big! Yes, show clear CTA buttons with big text on them in suiting powerful colours to invite people. This is known to raise the conversions by close to 20%.
- Show them the related products when they choose the main one. Recommending additional products is known to cause more than 25% of the total revenue for one of the biggest online stores!
- Be it the customer is an urge or not, you create one! Push them, create an urgency using phrases like “Rush to grab the deal”, “Add to cart now to get the offer”, “Stock going low, beware!”. Do you believe this is known to improve the conversions by more than 300%?!
- Please don’t test the user patience with those obsolete lengthy check outs still! Shipping details forming one part and Review and pay forming the next part of the checkout is known to voice high today.
- Make it easy to contact you. A simple contact us page with all the needed information adds a lot of value!
- A page of FAQs is even faster than live chat at times to address the user issues. This improves conversion rates because the user gets his doubts cleared off and goes for the purchase.
While SEO, responsive websites & responsive web designs, CMS and so are definitely proven to improve traffic and conversions, the above simple & quick ways to lighten up the estores are easy to grasp and implement. Should you need assistance in any of the above estore maintenance services, ask us now.