What is A/B testing?
A/B testing, also known as split testing, is a method of comparing two versions of a webpage or app against each other in order to determine which one performs better.
At least two variants of a webpage are shown to the users at random. This further determines which page performs better in terms of conversion.
Why A/B test?
A simple A/B test for a website can help create a clear roadmap for the website. It gives a foresight to customer experience and user engagement for a website.
Which elements should you A/B test?
Almost anything on a website that influences user behavior should be A/B tested.
- Header or Headlines
- Calls to Action buttons
- Security Badges
- Social footprint
Here is a list of 54 best A/B testing tools for all your testing related worries.
1. Google Analytics : Split-test variants of your page with ease. The main benefit is, you can integrate it easily with large data pool and many analysis features.
2. Google Web Optimizer: A simple and free to use A/B and Multivariate testing tool.
4. Five Second Test: – Extremely simple and result oriented amongst many A/B testing tools.
5. Omniconvert: This is an all-in-one optimization tool: pop-ups, on-page surveys, A/B testing, personalization, & segmentation.
6. Gurock: Their advanced testing tool TestRail is capable of performing accurate tests and provide optimum results.
7. Kameleoon: An advanced optimization website that lets you run exceptional A/B, split, and multivariate tests hassle free.
8. Optimizely: One of the most widely used, simple-to-use A/B testing, multivariate, and mobile testing platforms.
9. Maxymiser: Use visual editor provided by Maxymiser to set up variants and tests. Helps you build rules directly and target profitable customers.
10. Conductrics: Pretty detailed and extensive when compared to other A/B testing tools for in-depth processing. A robust system with very low variance and a wide variety of features.
11. Kissmetrics: A detailed, end-to-end analytics solution for all your website related concerns. Kissmetrics gives you a 360-degree view on your website from start to end.
12. FST: Upload the image, set up the test to generate the URL and you will be presented the results within seconds. Pretty simple and effective tool.
13. ChangeAgain.me: A simple, effective A/B testing tool with a visual editor. One-click Google Analytics integration, multivariate testing, and unlimited impressions.
14. Convert: Convert offers a great visual editor with What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) that shows your website experiment in real time.
15. Site Gainer: Easy to set-up tool to carry out all your experiments like A/B tests, Multivariate testing, Personalizations, Surveys, popups etc.
16. Adobe Target: With Adobe you can combine targeted testing and personalization. The self-learning algorithm automatically adjusts itself to make unions between visitor behavior and content.
17. Oconvert: An affordable, feature-packed tool for all optimization related queries; pop-ups, on-page surveys, A/B testing, Personalization, Segmentation etc.
19. AB Tasty: A great tool for someone who is just starting out. Simple, easy A/B testing, Split testing, multivariate and funnel testing tool.
21. Unbounce: A landing page oriented tool which gives the users a number of metrics for analyzing the data given to them. Usability and interface are great as it allows you to publish the landing pages that you optimize.
22. A/Bingo: This is a Ruby on Rails A/B testing framework. Easy to setup plugin for testing display and behavioral using differences using code.
23. Crazyegg: Cheaper when compared to other A/B testing tools, Crazyegg provides a great start to your conversion goals. Understanding user behavior was never this easy.
24. Apptimize: Analyze user behaviors in native iOS and Android applications with statistical assurance.
25. Campaigner: Email marketing service, Campaigner, will allow you to set up email automation with list segmentation and reporting, all the while conducting split testing to understand subscriber’s preferences.
26. Fusion: Create an extensive customer segmentation model to better understand customer behavior with the help of Fusion.
You need to stop caring about these e-commerce metrics, instead shift your focus to the more profitable ones.
27. Dynamic Yield: Build actionable customer segments in real time, with Dynamic yield’s machine learning engine. It will easily create micro-targeted audience group.
28. Sentient Ascend: Start with a free trial since they provide prices upon request. With the aid of machine learning algorithm leverage your split testing and multivariate testing.
29. Clickthroo: No coding skills required, easily create and deploy high performing web and mobile app pages for better profitability.
30. Leanplum: Leanplum sends push notifications, in-app messages, email, app inbox to make sure the customers are always connected. It responds to all in-app activities during the entire customer journey, testing in and out.
31. Marketizator: A market leader in generating sales leveraging CRO. Their main focus is A/B testing, surveys, personalization, and segmentation.
32. Labrats: Just as the name suggests, this JQuery based clientside plugin, treats customers as lab rats in order to build the best web application.
33. Conductrics: Easily customizable, advanced tool for split testing. Use it either as server-side or client-side, results are always amazing.
34. Google Optimize: Completely free A/B and multivariate testing solution. With amenities like visual editor, code editor, and native integration with Google Analytics this is one of the best A/B testing tools if you are just starting with testing.
35. Scenario: An agile A/B testing tool library for MixPanel. Free and simple to use.
36. Qubit: With expert communication and clarity on test results, Qubit can be termed as a great compared to other A/B testing tools, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
37. Convert experiment: A user friendly interface which allows you to edit the content in a snap. Use multivariate and multi-domain A/B testing along with tracking and development tools for JS and CSS.
38. Sitespect: A great server-side solution for more advanced users. They are one of the global leaders in testing and optimization.
39. Clicktale: Visualize what customers experience from their perspective on your own website. A robust tool with vast amount of features.
40. Monetate: Identify the substantial segments of your website and deliver tailor-made experiences for your customers.
41. Vanity: An A/B testing framework for Rails which is experiment driven..
42. Lucky Orange: An all-in-one optimization suite. With just $10 months you get access to visitor recordings, form analytics, chats, polls, conversion funnel reports and more.
43. ABBA: More than simple A/B testing framework, self-hosted and built for on just one simple principle: To help improve conversion rates on website.
45. Mixpanel: Again, a great platform to test native mobile applications and carry out web analytics. Mixpanel will help you understand how customers use their apps through excellent analysis.
46. Planout: A great framework developed at Facebook for online experiments. Planout can be used by Professionals, Organizations, and even students. Easy to use testing tool for anyone and everyone.
47. Splitly: A split testing software by Amazon for businesses to acquire more profits when dealing with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). It helps you stay ahead of the competition.
48. Taplytics: From simple elements of your website to much complex ones, Taplytics provides all the right tools to help you optimize your web and app.
49. Sixpack: A language-agnostic A/B testing framework with easy user interface.
50. Zarget: A great platform for A/B testing, Split URL testing, and Funnel testing. Zarget provides Heatmaps and Clickmaps with powerful visual tools.
51. Usability Hub: Create simple usability tests and surveys with the help of your own testers or use testers who have signed up with Usability Hub.
52. Proctor: An A/B testing framework written in Java. Again, a simple to use framework for quick testing.
53. DJango Lean: A simple split testing framework for DJango.
54. Notify Visitors: A great cross device conversion optimization software to increase user engagement.
That is all. These are all the A/B testing tools you will ever need for your website to skyrocket your website’s conversion rate. We will keep adding more such tools to the list and keep it updated.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.