Numerous ecommerce platform software packages are available today leaving us in a flabbergasted state as what to choose to make the best estore! We here try to make it simple for you; read on to know what all to look for while choosing the ecommerce platform.
- Excellence in user experience, Google ranking for a great performance, Good management of the inflow traffic are some basics to look at to prove your site is standardised
- Is your website keeping in par with the security standards? The ecommerce site should follow all the security rules as a PCI DSS compliant site. You exposing your customer information is the same as putting yourself and your company to defame! eStore security is important
- Design themes and templates of the ecommerce platform you choose must be able to accommodate any customization you might want to do in future. Customized eStore is a necessity
- Auto Backup at regular intervals along with import export solutions is something an ecommerce platform should take care because unforeseen site crashes are highly costing in time, money and effort
- Open source platforms are the best cost effective solutions. OScommerce and Magento are some examples
- The platform you choose must be able to accommodate the business growth needs. More customers/more traffic mean more pressure on the site and hence slow speeds. Make sure the platform address it!
- Nothing comes for free; check what you can afford. Unless you have a clear cut picture of what your business needs are, you would fall a prey to the bells rung by the platforms. Be sure to decide what you need
- Aesthetics isn’t something you can miss to take care while being busy in implementing the functional aspects of the site. Ecommerce themes/templates should make your site look great; make sure of it!
- End user experience of any estore has to be the best with the platform chosen. Checkout, registration, product hierarchy, Call To Action (CTA) buttons and all the processes in relation to UX should be easy for a user to follow. Ensure to have user friendly eStores!
- Tools and features you require to drive conversions or to design the CTA aspects or to make the best online marketing has to be endorsed by the chosen ecommerce platform
- Support from the ecommerce platform provider is something that’s essential because none of us are a pro to start with; we would need their support till we gain the expertise
- Flexibility and Responsiveness should be accommodated by the platform chosen for the simple reason you are very much aware. Growing technology and customer needs various device support and multi screen support in the ecommerce web development; make sure you address with mobile friendly eStore /Responsive eStores
- Scalability is required to stop any poor buying experiences and to reduce cart abandonments. Load balancing, DNS traffic management are to be taken care
- Customized product catalogues are required for multiple promotions of the products across various sections of the site. Check if the platform handles it!
- 3rd party integration should be possible
- Reports and analytics are key performance indicators you need to know on the site performance. Make sure to address them
Keeping in mind all the above factors, it’s quite challenging to choose the ecommerce platform that simply suits all your needs the best. Should you require an expert advice here or in performing the web design or in facelift or in making the responsive conversion or any other ecommerce service, do approach us for, QeRetail gives you the best!